Tuesday 17 April 2007

Sunday evening

I took a walk late Sunday, down to a park near the canal and municipal buildings. It was beutiful day, near 80 degrees, and the park was full of young couples. I people watched for a bit then walked back up toward O'Neill's Irish pub. Dinner consisted of "Skewers with salmon cubes and root vegetables grilled with a wedge of Irish soda bread." It was delicious. The salmon was advertised as being river caught and not farm raised, and had a richer gamier taste.

I also ordered a Guiness, which prompted this from the barkeep "being a Yank I suppose you want that cold?" Is there another way to drink beer?

I continue to find the people to be wonderful, in the pubs, in the p[ark, everywhere I go.

3 comments:

Sb said...

You are trying to drink Cold Beer in England - you deserve to be punished.

That beer has been designed over hundreds of years to be drunk at room temperature, I can't think how bad it would taste cooled...

Sb

Sweet Daddio said...

Since the first night I have been drinking it like a local, room temperature....

Sb said...

Yes

*clapping*

So how are you finding the beer.....

Sb